Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Tinkering or Totally New

The birds are back. The ones that chirp incessantly early in the AM before the sunrise. A harbinger of the warm weather to come. So, instead of wanting to don my elmer fudd hat and rifle, I just embrace the noise as good news - time to work on my stroke. My golf game has been in hibernation, until last year, and someone gave me a golf book for my birthday so I have been reading - tinkering or using a new grip. Often, we try to keep our core practices and add on bells or whistles or small improvements. That is easy. Hard is tearing up your old strategy or habits, like a golf grip that works for you, and spending a little more time with a new grip. More work and time to get to a better game. As is with the Gospel...the Gospel does not improve you or help you make small adjustments. It is changing everything about how you looked at life and how you carry yourself. And it is not easy and will not be short. But one day, you will stand on the green and sink in that putt and feel pretty good about the hole that you played.

John 3:5 Jesus answered, "I tell you the truth, no one can enter the kingdom of God unless he is born of water and the Spirit.

No comments:

Post a Comment