Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Swine Flu Phooey!

I went to the store this AM and while interacting with the clerk, noticed she was sneezing. And not sneezing into her hand. yikes. I think it was cultural to not cover her sneezes. Her english was heavily accented. or maybe she was lazy. So, my mind wandered to thoughts of 'where is my Purell hand sanitizer?' I gave it away this morning so that my kids could use it. Are you worried about the swine flu? Many people are. I saw someone with a mask while walking to work from Grand Central Station. Schools are closing down. Globalization and freedom to travel certainly has its downsides. So what is your response? curl up? isolate yourself? Stay 3 feet from every person you walk near? Not plausible in NYC or any major city.

Matthew 8:14-15 When Jesus came into Peter's house, he saw Peter's mother-in-law lying in bed with a fever. He touched her hand and the fever left her, and she got up and began to wait on him.

No comments:

Post a Comment