Saturday, April 11, 2009

Slippery When Wet

I like that phrase for a number of reasons. Mostly, as a driving enthusiast, I heed that. Mostly. It depends on which car I drive. My Audi handles really well along curves, has power and new tires. So I have alot more confidence in its ability when it rains or snows and it is this confidence that can also lead to taking more chances. Which leads to possible problems or accidents but thus far, it hasn't. The many accidents I have seen while driving reminds me that most did not have to happen but people take foolish risks, or take things for granted. So it is with our Faith. When we are feeling "good" or "strong" in our walk, this is when we have to heed the Slippery When Wet sign. Are we operating on fumes? Are we taking on more things, putting on a brave front, immersing ourselves in busy activities as a sign of our strong faith?

1Corinthians 10:13 No temptation has overtaken you that is not common to man. God is faithful, and he will not let you be tempted beyond your ability, but with the temptation he will also provide the way of escape, that you may be able to endure it.

No comments:

Post a Comment