Tuesday, June 2, 2009

A random walk down your life

Nothing is ever random. No, not one thing. Previous interactions that seem meaningless, in retrospect, were quite important in your life. In my life, a simple introduction to someone from Campus Crusade for Christ in my senior year at University meant nothing to me. Just another acquaintance. Just a fraternity brother of mine pawning off a "pest" to me. This same "pest" accosted me in a walkway between classes a few weeks later and over a cup of coffee shared the Gospel with me. He shared about a wonderful relationship with Jesus and how that was for all who believed. I was not ready and walked about intrigued but non-commital. One more "random" encounter and then gone - out of sight, out of mind. It was 2 years later that I was ready to profess my belief on Christ as my savior. Nothing is random. All interactions have meaning and affect us.

Matthew 20:32-33 Jesus stopped and called them. "What do you want me to do for you?" he asked. "Lord", they answered, we want our sight.

No comments:

Post a Comment