Friday, June 5, 2009

Are the dark storm clouds gone yet?

As you look out of the window, do you see the “mass” of dark clouds through the skies. I see patches of dark blue, purplish cumulous clouds and this weather pattern is an appropriate metaphor for our nation as it stumbles through a major political, economic, and social transformation. People are confused and still anxious. What will this country be after we come out of the process. Have you read Brave New World lately. I personally think we are headed down that path. We are feeling mental, spiritual, and emotional darkness that is immobilizing us. Everyone I know is drained by the end of the day. My friends, family, and neighbors are just drained. I am sure yours are too…what to say? I say less to my wife and just listen more now. (That is a feat in itself). What do you say about this darkness? What will come after the clouds move in?

Luke 23:44-46 Around noon the sky turned dark and stayed that way until the middle of the afternoon. The sun stopped shining, and the curtain in the temple split down the middle. Jesus shouted, "Father, I put myself in your hands!" Then he died.
Luke 24:7 The Son of Man must be delivered into the hands of sinful men, be crucified and on the third day, be raised again.

Death, resurrection, glory. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment