Monday, May 11, 2009

Sleep is overrated

I am very tired this AM. It comes with the territory when someone in your household wakes up frequently each night. And she cannot articulate why this is happening (e.g., bad dreams, temperature, other needs)...so while I wish for more sleep...an old saying came to me. "I will sleep when I am dead." Theologically, is that correct? I think we may sleep if we die before Christ comes back but that we will not sleep in God's presence. Won't we worship Him forever? What will our roles be if we are not musically gifted or have some pleasing vox? I suppose that is why you have a chorus, to integrate all voices. We are to live our lives on earth to please our Heavenly father rather than wait to do so when we pass on to some undiscovered place.

Revelation 4:8 b ... Day and night they never stop saying: "Holy, holy, holy is the Lord God Almighty, who was, and is to come."

No comments:

Post a Comment