Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Balancing Act

2 Timothy 1:7 For God did not give us a spirit of timidity, but a spirit of power, of love and of self-discipline.

Oh how can it be, that someone can exhibit power, love and self-discipline? Surely, when people look in the mirror and reflect, what do they see? Is it some balance of the three? Is it a healthy balance or is it out of kilter. Are you emphasizing power? Not the fire balls from the hands or the razor sharp titanium claws of Wolverine or executive power of a politician - but something stronger, more mysterious. What about love? love of self, conditional love? or self-discipline - of course I have master that last attribute...I have only 4 credit cards which I use sparringly...I have not acted out road rage in months...I don't get drunk.....so do you allow God's spirit to lead the day? Do you start your day by spending time with Him? I hope these devotionals help you.

No comments:

Post a Comment