Friday, May 22, 2009

Had Enough?

The unofficial start of summer brings about a flurry of activity. School ends, students leave New York, new people come into New York for the summer to play, study, or begin a new chapter of their lives. With the moving comes much baggage. Physical and mental baggage. A friend of mine who is on her way out of the city is using this occasion to "winnow" down her baggage - her possessions - a new way to live. I admire her goal of wrestling with the difficulty of saying, 'no, I have enough', in this consumption world. It is also a spiritual wrestling, to say, you are sufficient for me in my circumstances. Yes, it would be nice to adorn myself with jewelry, new clothes and accessories, but I choose not to do so to reflect the stewardship we ought to have. So, don't wait for a big move to be obedient to the Lord in stewardship.

2 Corinthians 8:15 As it is written, "The person who had much did not have too much, and the person who had little did not have too little."

No comments:

Post a Comment