Friday, May 8, 2009

I Don't Like You

Racism is not what it used to be. People think racism is a few words in a heated exchange or someone looks at them "funny". We have progressed. Racism still exists but not to even a scintilla of what it was in my generation or my father's generation. While at University in western NY state during the late 80's, I recall being called racist names. In fact, the hate was so vile that one of my own fraternity brothers made it clear to me, after I was initiated, that he did not "like" me. He did so with the bravery of a gun at his side and after a few drinks. He is a dinosaur in a world of progress? Not sure. I feel that we cast aside people who have not progressed. In fact, we don't think the devil exists anymore...but the devil lives in us, if you read the papers and follow the movies. No, the devil is more powerful and real than that. If we don't believe that, we are delusional. We need to be on guard. The devil knows we don't like him when we take a stand on the cross of Christ. So rest on our savior's power.

Ephesians 6:11 Put on the full armor of God so that you can take your stand against the devil's schemes.

No comments:

Post a Comment