Thursday, July 2, 2009

What will people see in you

What is your purpose today? to finish the day so you can start your July 4th weekend early? A worthy cause - to head to the beach or woods or somewhere to frolich. And what will you be doing while enjoying our great nation's independence? some barbeque, biking, fishing, golf, hiking, or swimming? Will you be fellowshipping with believers? Will you be in a position to share your Faith? It will be evident in who you are more so than only what you say. What did Jesus pray about for his disciples and all believers before he was taken away?

John 17:25-26 Righteous Father, though the world does not know you, I know you and they know that you have sent me. I have made you known to them, and will continue to make you known in order that the love you have for me may be in them and that I myself may be in them.

Is your love for God so strong that you love others? This extended weekend is an opportune time to re-examine how much you love those you choose to spend time with. Do you love them enough to want them to know God, the Father?

No comments:

Post a Comment