Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Drive

What do you see when you first wake up? blurry right? rub your eyes, splash some water on your face, and then you feel semi-ready to think about what lies ahead. How or what guides you to carry out your day? I tell people I have 4 jobs. 1. leading the Entrepreneurship Initiative at Redeemer, 2. husband, 3. dad, 4. super/maintenance/dispatcher for my home. It really is a juggling act. It might be easy to be different people at those jobs but really much harder. So, which job dictates or drives my day? None of them. Over all these "jobs" is being a child of God. I constantly remind myself that the long-term eternal vision of being one with the loving Lord is what drives me in during the morning, noon, and night. I recall the Psalmist's words...
Psalm 105:4 Look to the Lord and his strength; seek his face always. We may not always succeed but we need to remember that He wants us in His presence.

No comments:

Post a Comment