Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Daddy Day

Can you help me out? No, I don't need a dime. I need help. I thought I could do it all on my own. It has been a grueling 6 months, maybe longer. Not just work. It's more than that. How about you? Have you been beaten up a bit lately? No, not just financially, I mean it has been a grind at times. They say that ministry is a lonely job and especially so when you don't have "help". Thankfully, when I feel sorry for myself, I get bowled over by reminders of God's love and grace for me. Last night I was greeted by both my girls with big hugs. The icing on the cake, my eldest, who is as sensitive as she is sweet, said, 'Daddy, I love you.' Now she says that a lot. Well of course, we are the "universe" that both girls have known their entire lives. I sometimes weep when I remember that I justly deserve wrath but received grace. So, with those 4 words, God reminded me to have the same attitude toward him.

Luke 18:17 I tell you the truth, anyone who will not receive the kingdom of God like a little child will never enter it.

No comments:

Post a Comment