Thursday, March 5, 2009

After Heaven, Then What?

Good morning. As we get older, we probably think about crossing the "finish line" more often. In our teens and twenties, we are immortal and pursuing our dreams. In our thirties we reflect on whether we are pursuing and living our dreams and start to mature a bit...some of us in our forties, well, we start to feel the consequences of the other generations. We start to think about and feel the aches and pains and the overall breaking down. Yes, break out the violins now before senility sets in!! No, I think about heaven more not because I fear or think I am near the finish line but because our eldest is in her first year of meaningful Children's church and is immersed in stories about Jesus and the Bible. She asked me about Heaven and wanting to see Jesus there. Then she said, 'daddy, after we go to heaven to see Jesus, do we come back home?' It is one of those incredibly precious yet difficult moments in life. It is great to know my little girl is learning about God and heaven at an early age. As an amateur theologian and parent in training, I could only muster a "we all get to stay with Jesus in heaven and that is wonderful, like a long vacation". But she still wants to come "home" after being with Jesus in heaven.

John 14:2 In my Father's house are many rooms; if it were not so, I would have told you. I am going there to prepare a place for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment