Saturday, February 28, 2009

Purpose

This blog of devotionals started out as a Monday to Friday activity related to what I do at Redeemer. I'd like to add some musings each day, including Saturday. One of my new year's goals (not resolutions) is to take a Sabbath (on Sunday) from email, the Internet, and other things that would take time from rest. I know not everyone has that benefit or mindset. Some run hard, really hard and it is not an option to take one day off. Though, if the Lord God could take 1 day off after 6 days of activity and declare 'It is good, very good'. Then who are we to think we can do more than His example. So, Saturday has been a day of errands and work on the p.c. Some friends are coming over later to experience our succulent braised short ribs with carrots, flavored by shallots, lots of garlic, along with a sweet baby spinach salad with pear, cranraisins, carmelized walnuts, and avocado. Oh, and breaking out a 2001 Merlot from Napa. Call me and we will get you on the guest list. But you have to come with bottles in hand. We are stocking up for the summer socials already. God Bless and Love you all. Please ping me or chastise me if u see me emailing or on facebook on Sunday. Help me to honor the Sabbath too. See u on Monday.

No comments:

Post a Comment