Friday, February 27, 2009

Close Calls

Timing. We all have close calls. Moments where we avert a potential bad situation. A split second makes a difference. So I left the office late last night after judging not-for-profit finalists as part of the Entrepreneurship Initiative's business plan competition. The presentations inspired and encouraged me but now we had to think about selecting a winner. One presentation moved me emotionally but judges aren't supposed to cry right? Lately, I have more pensive and sober and that remained true as I drove. As I merged onto a parkway, I saw a few cars ahead that with their hazard lights on the right lane and they appeared to have stopped. I figured something was wrong. But it was dark and hard to see ---- then a tire appeared right in front of the car and I quickly swerved left to avoid it. Then as I passed by, I saw a car flipped on its top and several people running to get to the overturned car. Timing. or is it more?

Psalm 84:9 Look upon our shield, O'God; look with favor on your anointed one.

No comments:

Post a Comment